Exams time can be daunting for even the most intelligent students. You think about studying well and hard for your exams every year, but at the end, you get distracted and have only a month before semester finals.
You will constantly feel vulnerable before your examination; last minute anxiety is quite normal for any learner- be it school or college.
Here are 5 tips on how you can prepare in the last days of your exams:
1. Memory improvement: Few days before the exam, perform an analysis of the skills and topics which you are strong and confident in. Memorise those things and have everything you need for revision before you start. Formulate a time managed schedule for a peaceful mind so that you grasp your syllabus easily.
2. Focus on your weak spots: As you are preparing at the last moment, you will not have enough time to go through all of your syllabus and all your notes. Identify the topics you are struggling with or have trouble recalling. You should focus your studying smartly and brush up your weak spots so you can prepare better. You may do sample papers and note questions that you did poorly or scored low on.
3. Prepare last minute review notes: You can make short notes for an efficient last minute study session. This can be done by writing down important terms or phrases on small sticky notes to help you remember keywords for the exam. These small notes can help you to improve your memory and help in recalling with the help of visual learning.
4. Block your distractions: If you want to study efficiently and effectively at the last minute, you should create a distraction free zone at the place where you study. Keep your room’s door closed so that no one disturbs you while studying. Avoid using your phone and try to not get sucked into using your time on social media to focus entirely on studying.
5. Get a good night sleep: Get proper sleep the night before the exam to perform better. You can review your notes before going to bed and do not stress yourself a lot. Sleep can relax your mind and boost your memory, set an alarm to wake up in the morning before time so that you can go for your exam calmly and with confidence.
“Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates talented individuals from the successful ones is a lot of hard work.” –Stephen King.
Subscribe to our newsletter for good news, sent out every month.
AdmissionX is a first of its kind platform that connects students and institutions for the purpose of admission in different courses. With over 31100 colleges, more than 50200 courses in 4000 cities- AdmissionX aims to be your one stop solution for all things admission.